About Dakota Plains Federal Credit UnionA tradition of service since 1957
About Dakota Plains FCU
In 1957 Lemmon Federal Credit Union in South Dakota was chartered to serve the local community. The first expansion of the charter was a branch in Faith, SD in 1984. In 1992 the credit union in Hettinger, ND was merged into Lemmon Federal and the name was changed to Dakota Plains Federal Credit Union. In 1998 a fourth office was opened in Bison, SD and a fifth office was opened in Pierre, SD in 2003. Once you become a member, you are always a member, even if you move outside the area. No matter where your family members reside, they are also eligible for membership.
The Credit Union Difference
A Credit Union is a cooperative, not-for-profit financial institution chartered by the state or federal government. It is owned and controlled by its members and organized to provide deposit services and loans of all kinds to its members. As not-for-profit financial service cooperatives, credit unions return earnings to their members in higher savings rates, better services, and lower borrowing rates. Banks and many savings and loans are owned by groups of stockholders whose main interest is to earn a healthy return on their investments. In contrast, credit unions exist to serve their member-owners, the people who deposit and borrow there.
Field of Membership
“The field of membership of this credit union shall be available to those having the following common bond:
- persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in and businesses and other legal entities located in Hughes County, Buffalo County, Hyde County, Lyman County, Stanley County, or Sully County, South Dakota (12/6/02);
- persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in and businesses and other legal entities located in the undeserved areas of Butte County, Corson County, Dewey County, Haakon County, Harding County, Jones County, Meade County, Perkins County, and Ziebach County in South Dakota and Adams County, Bowman County, Grant County, Hettinger County, and Sioux County in North Dakota (12/6/02);
- members of the former Dakota Credit Union in Linton, North Dakota whose loans were purchased by this credit union in accordance with the terms of the Assignment Agreement dated September 1,1994;
- spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union;
- members of their immediate families or households; and organizations of such persons.”
Note: You will need to appear in person at your local Dakota Plains Federal Credit Union office to complete your application for membership. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. We will ask you for your name, address, date of birth, photocopy of a government issued picture ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, along with other information that will allow us to identify you.
Forms & Applications
Please print off and fill out the application form. Mail to the nearest Dakota Plains Federal Credit Union.
Membership Applications & Forms
Account Applications & Forms
- Switch Kit
- Funds Availability Policy
- Truth-In-Savings Disclosure
- Authorization to Debit Account
- Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Dislosure
- Overdraft and Overdraft Fee Info
Loan and Credit Application
- Commercial/Agricultural Loan Application
- Residential Loan Application
- Consumer Loan Application
- Credit Card Application – Available in the credit union’s offices.
|New Year’s Day||January 1||January 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 15||January 21|
|Presidents Day||February 19||February 18|
|Memorial Day||May 28||May 27|
|Independence Day||July 4||July 4|
|Labor Day||September 3||September 2|
|Columbus Day||October 8||October 14|
|Veterans Day||Nov. 11 (Closed November 12)||November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 22||November 28|
|Christmas Eve Day||December 24 (Close at Noon)||December 24 (Close at Noon)|
|Christmas Day||December 25||December 25|
|New Year’s Eve Day||December 31 (Close at Noon)||December 31 (Close at Noon)|
Policy Statement and Disclosures
Dakota Plains Federal Credit Union an immediate opening for a part time teller in our Hettinger Branch. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication and customer service skills. To take advantage of the exciting opportunity stop by Dakota Plains Federal Credit Union in Hettinger for contact Rodney Howe at 701-567-2153.